Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Welcome to the McKenzie’s Funeral Home website | The management and staff of McKenzie’s Funeral Home's purpose is to provide a thoughtful and meaningful service and if in doing so we have helped to lighten your burden our aim has been accomplished. We hope we are deserving of your confidence. McKenzie’s Funeral Home has been serving the ALABAMA community for decades.
McKenzie’s Funeral Home offers a full line of quality end of life services. We have a large selection of caskets, urns, and clothing to fit every budget. In order to assist families in customizing the funeral or memorial service, we provide links to printing companies, florists, and other relevant resources. Dial 334-727-1750 any time for immediate assistance.
Serving Tuskegee, Alabama
and the Surrounding Areas
Since funerals do sometimes require outdoor exposure to the elements, clicking the link below will get you up to date weather forecast for your local area.
At McKenzie’s Funeral Home we truly love and honor all veterans and their families. We have compiled some helpful veteran related information that you may find very helpful.
During this difficult time, many people have so many questions all at once. Well we have gathered the most asked questions as well as answers to them you may fine helpful.
Very good work took care of my love one's.
The staff always provides quality Customer Service.
Great work and great staff.
The best around in my opinion.