We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. We can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential
- Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, video streaming, etc
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans’ burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us
Welcome to the McKenzie’s Funeral Home website | The management and staff of McKenzie’s Funeral Home's purpose is to provide a thoughtful and meaningful service and if in doing so we have helped to lighten your burden our aim has been accomplished. We hope we are deserving of your confidence. McKenzie’s Funeral Home has been serving the ALABAMA community for decades.
McKenzie’s Funeral Home offers a full line of quality end of life services. We have a large selection of caskets, urns, and clothing to fit every budget. In order to assist families in customizing the funeral or memorial service, we provide links to printing companies, florists, and other relevant resources. Dial 334-727-1750 any time for immediate assistance.
Since funerals do sometimes require outdoor exposure to the elements, clicking the link below will get you up to date weather forecast for your local area.
At McKenzie’s Funeral Home we truly love and honor all veterans and their families. We have compiled some helpful veteran related information that you may find very helpful.
During this difficult time, many people have so many questions all at once. Well we have gathered the most asked questions as well as answers to them you may fine helpful.
Very good work took care of my love one's.
The staff always provides quality Customer Service.
Great work and great staff.
The best around in my opinion.